Thank you for following Max’s journey. He’s now 13 yrs. old and high school is on the horizon! Some of you have prayed for Max since his birth and others are new friends in his life. Either way, we appreciate your love and support.
On Feb. 5, 2018, Max will have another open heart surgery at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. This surgery will replace his pulmonary valve. He will be in the gifted hands of Dr. Vaughn Starnes and the outstanding CHLA Heart Institute team. Max should be in the hospital for a few days and then home for a 8-10 week recovery.
Max lives a full and vibrant life, as he navigates his heart disease. He is currently filming a horror film and will end the month with his baseball team competing in a weekend tournament. He gains his strength from his Lord and savior Jesus Christ, his family and his amazing friends. Living with a life long health challenge can darken even the brightest soul, but Max lives intentional and forward and is a true inspiration.
Here are some ideas of ways to help Max through this time:
- www.chla.org/MAX – Donations to the CHLA Heart Ambassadors will support innovation and access. Any amount is greatly appreciated.
- Max needs BLOOD! Please donate at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. To schedule appt. please call 323-660-2450
- Follow and share his story – definitely feel the strength in numbers.
- Pray for peace, comfort and a speed recovery.
- Keep little brother, Els, in your prayers too. Not easy having your best friend and big brother endure so much.
- To send words of encouragement or to arrange sending Max something please contact his mother at email@example.com or father at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Max’s favorite Bible verse: Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”
Thank you so much for the love and support. We promise to update often as Max walks through this next challenge.